Tuesday, October 14, 2008

An amazing weekend away!!!

For a couple of months, this past weekend had been planned. Colleen flew up from Florida and the two of us drove to PA to spend the weekend with Sarah. The three of us together again!!! I just didn't know at the time how badly I needed this weekend.

We headed down to PA after work on Friday. We got there and it was like no time had past since last April when we got together. We enjoyed the night with some junk food, a movie (that I was awake for like 10 minutes for) and just spending the time talking. The highlight of the weekend however was Saturday. Colleen put the bug in our ear that we were only 2 hours away from NYC and we should take the chance to go and see it. So that is exactly what we did. We drove into New Jersey and took the ferry across to spend a beautiful day walking around the city. We walked around Central Park, went into some shops, saw Time's Square and grabbed some dinner. I was so proud of myself though, I didn't buy anything, even though there were clothing stores all over the place!! :)

On Sunday, we of course slept in and then headed out for brunch before Colleen and I left to come back to reality!!! It was seriously one of the best weekends that I have had in a very long time. Even though we didn't do any real sightseeing in NYC and spent a lot of time mostly talking over the weekend, it was just an amazing time getting away from painting and packing and just spending time with my friends!!!! Thank you girls for a great weekend, and I can't wait for the next time!!

1 comment:

Matt and Megan said...

Good for you! Sounds like so much fun! I know what you mean about not buying clothes...my priorities have changed to house stuff now :)