This past Thursday, Jon and I officially became homeowners!! It is so strange thinking that we finally have our own house. A place where we can do whatever we want, and no one can say a thing. No more leasing, no more worrying about parking in the right spot, no more sharing a yard with a bunch of people. We are forever done with that!!!
So the work has already started to begin on our house. Thankfully the house doesn't need a lot of work, and the previous owners left it in great condition. We need to paint pretty much the entire inside of the house, and put tile in the kitchen and entryway, and that is pretty much it. We are so thankful that we have two months to do all of this before our lease runs up here in our townhouse. I can't imagine doing all that we did yesterday, while having boxes everywhere, or trying to cook dinner in a kitchen where the floor is torn up. As we were working yesterday, both Jon and I kept thinking how weird it was that we were actually working on our own house. I don't think that it has quite sunk in yet!!!
I don't have any pictures of the house after yesterday, but my mother-in-law took some, so hopefully she will send those soon. I am really excited that this stage in our life is here, and I am anxious to see what the Lord has in store for us in our new home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I can't wait to see it!
All of your hard work is definitely going to pay off! Enjoy your weekend!
Post a Comment