Friday, August 22, 2008
Moments In Life
With life being very busy and crazy these past few weeks, I tend to forget to take the time to just sit back and notice how present God can be in difficult and stressful situations. I get so caught up in what is going on around me, that I can't just stop to see what he wants to show me. There has been a lot of change going on in my life, and for those that actually know me, change is not one of my favorite things to do. Even though some of this change is good, there has also been some change going on in our life, that hasn't been so good. Today however, God showed himself to me. After a very emotional car ride home from work, with only myself and God present, I prayed that God would show something to me. About 30 or so minutes later, Jon came home from work with flowers in hand. As I smelled those flowers, tears formed in my eyes, because that is exactly what I needed. No, I didn't pray for flowers, but the Lord knew my heart. I needed to be reminded that in the midst of this life, God is still present, and really does hear our cries. He also showed me how blessed I am to have such a wonderful and supportive husband. He showed me how loving a family I have when my parents called and offered to bring dinner over. I know that these aren't big things in normal day to day life, but for me, the Lord heard me and that is big enough for me!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Heidi...I'm proud of your faith and confidence in the Lord through all of this change. I know it's difficult for you, but I have no doubt you'll be stronger when it's all behind you.
Thank you for your friendship! I'm glad we had time to spend together last week...it is always so precious to get together.
Post a Comment