
Yesterday, Jon and I celebrated one year of being Husband and Wife! I can not even explain how fast one year flies by. In some ways it feels like forever since we got married, and at other times it feels like just yesterday. After this year, I can't believe how many things people can go through in just one year! I think that Jon and I probably went through many more challenges our first year of marriage then most newlyweds go through. However, with what we had to face this first year, I know that we can get through anything that comes our way. Thank you to my amazing husband for being incredibly supportive, understanding, loving, and wonderful. I look back over this year, and even with all that happened, I would never want anyone else by my side!!
So with all that mushy stuff to the side, yesterday was an awesome day just spending with my husband. Since we went on a cruise just a few weeks ago, we decided that would be our big anniversary vacation. So, with trying to save for a house and just going on a vacation, we decided to stay around the area. We both had the day off, so it worked out perfectly. We had breakfast together and watched some of our wedding video!! We went out for a great lunch by the water. There was hardly anyone outside with us, so it felt like we had the whole place to ourselves. We decided to go down by the beach and take a nice walk on the pier and then grabbed some ice cream after. We went to a few stores and then went to go and see Made of Honor! Finally we headed home for some grilled hot dogs, and we even tried our wedding cake a year later. It wasn't all that surprising that the cake wasn't great, but we didn't mind, it was still fun to do. I even tried on my wedding dress again, and it still fits. :) My husband also told me that for my gift, he is going to take me on a shopping spree!! :) Overall, it was a very relaxing day and just a great time to be able to spend with my husband and reflect on what the past year has meant to us!!

No comments:
Post a Comment